Autism Victoria aims to improve the quality of life for individuals diagnosed with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), their families and their carers.
We provide a range of services to individuals and agencies with an interest in Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Over the past 10 years, there has been a significant increase in the rate of diagnosis of ASDs. It is a lifelong disability and there is no cure.
On the positive side, early intervention can have tremendous results in helping those affected to live to their full potential.
For older individuals, timely and meaningful support, advice and information can also be critical to quality of life outcomes.
Leaving a bequest in your will is a wonderful way to support the work that Autism Victoria is doing to meet the needs of individuals living with ASD and their families, and we commend this to you.
Funds from bequests help support a range of activities:
1. Practical support, advice and information to individuals, parents and families who have had a diagnosis of ASD;
2. Information and advice on government support and assistance;
3. Advocating to government on behalf of families and individuals for improved services and supports;
4. Advice and support to professionals about treatment and services;
5. Community awareness of Autism Spectrum Disorders.
Thank you for taking the time to consider leaving a bequest to Autism Victoria. Through the generosity of people such as yourself, we can continue to make a real difference to the lives of individuals with ASD.