Glaucoma Australia is a national, not-for-profit organisation dedicated to providing educational services to raise awareness about the serious and common eye disease glaucoma; to support glaucoma sufferers and to raise fund for research.
The Association aims to:
1. Increase community awareness of glaucoma as a potentially blinding disease and thus the need for regular eye checks.
2. Provide information and support for glaucoma patients and their families, reinforcing advice and explanations given by their eye practitioner, and hopefully improving compliance with therapy.
3. Develop the financial resources to fund research into glaucoma in this country.
4. Enhance the already high standard of eye care with ongoing professional development of eye care professionals.
5. To consider and where identified as necessary, to advocate with government departments on behalf of improved access to care for glaucoma patients.